There is this stupid rumor going around that women get bulky from lifting weights. They will become manly-looking, have bulging muscles, and look like a freak.
NO, you will NOT look like this from lifting weights:
You can only get like that if you are:
- already a man, and making an attempt to look somewhat feminine
- a woman on a crapload of steroids
- a woman on sex-change hormones, or
- not human
There are so many benefits to lifting weights. You will become stronger, toned, and more confident. Some of the benefits include:
- greater muscle mass that will help you in your everyday activities, even if it’s just walking to a bus stop, or lifting a box
- more muscle mass also helps you burn fat throughout the day (always a plus)
- stronger bones
- improved balance
- building muscles that protect your joints
- having a positive effect on overall health (including blood pressure and insulin resistance), and
- faster injury recovery
It only takes three 20 minute sessions a week to reap the benefits of this. So what are you waiting for?